300 Living And Dead Pythons Found In Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California schoolteacher was arrested Wednesday after at least 300 living and dead pythons were found in plastic bins inside his stench-filled home in suburban Orange County, police said.
Officers found the snakes as well as mice and rats while searching the Santa Ana house after neighbors complained about the smell of something rotten, police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna said.
“The smell alone — I feel like I need to take a shower for a week,” Bertagna said. “They’re pretty much in all the bedrooms — everywhere.”
The pythons were kept throughout the five-bedroom house.
William Buchman, a 53-year-old teacher in Newport Beach, was arrested for investigation of neglect in the care of animals, Bertagna said.
Animal control authorities had tried to work with Buchman for several months after neighbors reported the smell but sought a warrant after they were not allowed inside the home where Buchman lived alone, Bertagna said.
Efforts to reach Buchman were not immediately successful. A message was left seeking comment at Newport-Mesa Unified School District.
More Offbeat Stories
- Utah Police, National Guard Face Penalties In Bikini Video Shoot Promoting Calendar
- Counterfeit Panties, World Series Tickets Part Of Federal Raid
- Bikini-Clad Calendar Photo Shoot May Have Featured Utah National Guard Equipment
- Wild Black Bear Eats Most Of Heart-Attack Victim In Humboldt County
- Golf Cart Driven By Fresno Student Plows Into Students, Seriously Injuring 2
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.