Oregon Suspect Shoots Himself In Testicles After Robbery Attempt
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) – Police in Portland say a man suspected of shooting a neighbor shot himself in the groin while trying to leave the scene of the crime.
Sgt. Pete Simpson tells The Oregonian the 40-year-old man’s wound is “consistent with somebody putting a gun in his pants.”
The initial shooting happened Tuesday night during an apparent robbery attempt a downtown apartment building near Portland State University.
The 32-year-old man who was shot ran to a grocery store for help. He was later taken to the hospital with a leg wound.
Police say that as the suspect left the scene, he accidentally shot himself in the testicles.
The alleged gunman is being treated for the self-inflicted gunshot wound.
There’s no word from police on any criminal charges.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.
- Deadly Toxic Algae Blooming On Sacramento County Waterways During Drought
- Sacramento Kings Open Final Sleep Train Arena Preseason With Win Over Spurs
- Cab Driver: Suspect Punched Woman In Fight That Led To Spencer Stone Stabbing
- Liquor Store Worker Says Airman Didn’t Cry Out Or Stumble After Midtown Stabbing
- Measure To Repeal California Vaccine Bill Falls Short Of Required Signatures