Oregon Suspect Shoots Himself In Testicles After Robbery Attempt
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) – Police in Portland say a man suspected of shooting a neighbor shot himself in the groin while trying to leave the scene of the crime.
Sgt. Pete Simpson tells The Oregonian the 40-year-old man’s wound is “consistent with somebody putting a gun in his pants.”
The initial shooting happened Tuesday night during an apparent robbery attempt a downtown apartment building near Portland State University.
The 32-year-old man who was shot ran to a grocery store for help. He was later taken to the hospital with a leg wound.
Police say that as the suspect left the scene, he accidentally shot himself in the testicles.
The alleged gunman is being treated for the self-inflicted gunshot wound.
There’s no word from police on any criminal charges.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.
- Drought Has Yosemite National Park Waterfalls Hitting Peak Early
- Nevada County Supervisor Says Cal Fire Isn’t Doing Enough With Fire Fee
- Family Claims Son’s Killer Set Free By Schwarzenegger Without Informing Them
- UC Davis Basketball Coach Jim Les Signs Extension Through 2020-21 Season
- CHP: FedEx Truck Driver At Fault In Orland Crash That Killed 10, Injured 39