Oregon Suspect Shoots Himself In Testicles After Robbery Attempt
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) – Police in Portland say a man suspected of shooting a neighbor shot himself in the groin while trying to leave the scene of the crime.
Sgt. Pete Simpson tells The Oregonian the 40-year-old man’s wound is “consistent with somebody putting a gun in his pants.”
The initial shooting happened Tuesday night during an apparent robbery attempt a downtown apartment building near Portland State University.
The 32-year-old man who was shot ran to a grocery store for help. He was later taken to the hospital with a leg wound.
Police say that as the suspect left the scene, he accidentally shot himself in the testicles.
The alleged gunman is being treated for the self-inflicted gunshot wound.
There’s no word from police on any criminal charges.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.
- WATCH: GoDaddy Pulls Controversial ‘Journey Home’ Puppy Mill Ad
- Record Crowd Expected For Wine And Grape Symposium At Sacramento Convention Center
- Lodi Police Investigating Who Made Pipe Bombs Found In Shoplifting Suspect’s Car
- Sacramento Regional Transit Considering Changes After Shootings
- Hyatt Place Hotel Approved For Sacramento International Airport