Oregon Suspect Shoots Himself In Testicles After Robbery Attempt
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) – Police in Portland say a man suspected of shooting a neighbor shot himself in the groin while trying to leave the scene of the crime.
Sgt. Pete Simpson tells The Oregonian the 40-year-old man’s wound is “consistent with somebody putting a gun in his pants.”
The initial shooting happened Tuesday night during an apparent robbery attempt a downtown apartment building near Portland State University.
The 32-year-old man who was shot ran to a grocery store for help. He was later taken to the hospital with a leg wound.
Police say that as the suspect left the scene, he accidentally shot himself in the testicles.
The alleged gunman is being treated for the self-inflicted gunshot wound.
There’s no word from police on any criminal charges.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.
- Cooler Weather Gives Firefighters A Reprieve, But Rocky Fire Fight Far From Over
- Loomis At Center Of International Dispute Between U.S., China
- Fee Dispute Could End 911 Service For 500 Square Miles Of Tahoe National Forest
- Mural Project Has Recovering Addicts Helping Modesto VFW Hall Gain Exposure
- Whatever Happened To Two Local Sex Offenders, And Man Convicted Of Killing Toddler?