Oregon Suspect Shoots Himself In Testicles After Robbery Attempt
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) – Police in Portland say a man suspected of shooting a neighbor shot himself in the groin while trying to leave the scene of the crime.
Sgt. Pete Simpson tells The Oregonian the 40-year-old man’s wound is “consistent with somebody putting a gun in his pants.”
The initial shooting happened Tuesday night during an apparent robbery attempt a downtown apartment building near Portland State University.
The 32-year-old man who was shot ran to a grocery store for help. He was later taken to the hospital with a leg wound.
Police say that as the suspect left the scene, he accidentally shot himself in the testicles.
The alleged gunman is being treated for the self-inflicted gunshot wound.
There’s no word from police on any criminal charges.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.
- More Mount Shasta Mudslides Possible As Rain, Drought Compound Risks
- King Fire Thanks Yous To Firefighters Come In Quilt And Sign Form In El Dorado County
- ‘Madam Secretary’ Re-Airing Bumped By Overtime NFL Game
- Stockton Teen In Critical Condition After Shooting Near Skate Park
- Study Links Pacific Ocean Warming To Changing Winds, Not Increasing Greenhouse Gases