Oregon Suspect Shoots Himself In Testicles After Robbery Attempt
Sports Fan Insider
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) – Police in Portland say a man suspected of shooting a neighbor shot himself in the groin while trying to leave the scene of the crime.
Sgt. Pete Simpson tells The Oregonian the 40-year-old man’s wound is “consistent with somebody putting a gun in his pants.”
The initial shooting happened Tuesday night during an apparent robbery attempt a downtown apartment building near Portland State University.
The 32-year-old man who was shot ran to a grocery store for help. He was later taken to the hospital with a leg wound.
Police say that as the suspect left the scene, he accidentally shot himself in the testicles.
The alleged gunman is being treated for the self-inflicted gunshot wound.
There’s no word from police on any criminal charges.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.
- Cracks In Davis Pool Leaking 7,000 Gallons Of Water A Day During Drought
- Modesto Homeowners Accused Of Stealing Water From Canal, Face $1,500 Fines
- Ebola FAQ: What Is It, How Does It Spread, And How Is It Treated?
- Sacramento Kaiser Permanente Patient Being Tested For Ebola After Possible Exposure
- Natomas Peregrine Park Birthday Party Shooting Suspects Arrested