Sacramento Businesses Cashing In On Super Bowl Feasts
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — While the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks faced off 3,000 miles away, Sacramento-area businesses cashed in on this year’s Super Bowl
For a Wingstop in West Sacramento, it was their biggest day. Workers were on the line, tossing and catching and scoring sales.
Owner Ajit Mann says before they game, they went through 4,000 wings before game time.
According to the National Chicken Council, Americans will eat 1.25 billion wings, 14,000 tons of chips and 8 million pounds of guacamole on Super Bowl Sunday.
And then there’s those like Jared Mitchell, who says he could give up the game, but not the game-day eats.
“I don’t even care about the game,” he said. “There’s no point in watching the Super Bowl today. I’m just eating some good wings.”