Sunnyvale Man’s Truck Hits Oregon Inmates Cleaning Interstate 5 Litter
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WILSONVILLE, Ore. (AP) – Oregon State Police say a tractor-trailer rig drifted off southbound Interstate 5 near Wilsonville and hit two members of a Multnomah County inmate work crew who were picking up litter. One inmate was seriously injured while a second inmate was treated at the scene Tuesday.
Lt. Gregg Hastings says the truck driver reported losing consciousness. The driver, 44-year-old Edwin Gagarin of Sunnyvale was treated at a hospital for a minor injury.
The 40-year-old female inmate hospitalized for treatment of serious but non-life-threatening injuries was not immediately identified.
Traffic on I-5 was disrupted for several hours.
Hazardous materials firefighters worked to contain an estimated 25 to 50 gallons of diesel fuel that spilled from the truck, which wound up on its side in a ditch.
Hastings says troopers are investigating the crash.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.