Davis High Students, Parents Upset Over Mysterious Firing Of Girls Volleyball Coach
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A local high school volleyball coach won’t be back on the court next year after she was fired by the school board for the second time in a year.
The decision to fire Julie Crawford has both parents and students fired up this afternoon. The Davis School Board called a secret meeting this morning, stemming from intense pressure being brought to bear on the board to reinstate the coach.
Crawford is a popular and successful volleyball coach at Davis High School and was fired recently, to the surprise of many. Davis school administrators and members of the school board have not said why they let her go, and parents are outraged.
Meanwhile, parents and students say they feel Crawford’s contract was not renewed in retaliation for board member Nancy Peterson’s daughter being cut from the team.
Here’s reaction following the board’s move to grant an appeal.
Peterson recused herself from public comment, the closed session and from voting.