Davis High Students, Parents Upset Over Mysterious Firing Of Girls Volleyball Coach
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
DAVIS (CBS13) – A local high school volleyball coach won’t be back on the court next year after she was fired by the school board for the second time in a year.
The decision to fire Julie Crawford has both parents and students fired up this afternoon. The Davis School Board called a secret meeting this morning, stemming from intense pressure being brought to bear on the board to reinstate the coach.
Crawford is a popular and successful volleyball coach at Davis High School and was fired recently, to the surprise of many. Davis school administrators and members of the school board have not said why they let her go, and parents are outraged.
Meanwhile, parents and students say they feel Crawford’s contract was not renewed in retaliation for board member Nancy Peterson’s daughter being cut from the team.
Here’s reaction following the board’s move to grant an appeal.
Peterson recused herself from public comment, the closed session and from voting.