Davis High Students, Parents Upset Over Mysterious Firing Of Girls Volleyball Coach
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A local high school volleyball coach won’t be back on the court next year after she was fired by the school board for the second time in a year.
The decision to fire Julie Crawford has both parents and students fired up this afternoon. The Davis School Board called a secret meeting this morning, stemming from intense pressure being brought to bear on the board to reinstate the coach.
Crawford is a popular and successful volleyball coach at Davis High School and was fired recently, to the surprise of many. Davis school administrators and members of the school board have not said why they let her go, and parents are outraged.
Meanwhile, parents and students say they feel Crawford’s contract was not renewed in retaliation for board member Nancy Peterson’s daughter being cut from the team.
Here’s reaction following the board’s move to grant an appeal.
Peterson recused herself from public comment, the closed session and from voting.