East Coast Storm Causing Flight Delays Across The Country
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
NEWARK, N.J. (AP/CBS) — The majority of flights scheduled to leave Newark Liberty Airport have been canceled as a winter storm moves up the East Coast.
About half the in-bound flights there Thursday were also canceled, according to the flight-tracking website FlightAware.
The heavy snowstorm has also led to cancellations of about half of the flights to and from New York City’s LaGuardia Airport.
More planes were expected to depart and arrive from Kennedy Airport, where about one-fourth of the day’s routes were canceled by mid-morning Thursday.
Several flights from the east coast to Sacramento had been canceled.
(TM and © Copyright 2010 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or Redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)