East Coast Storm Causing Flight Delays Across The Country
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
NEWARK, N.J. (AP/CBS) — The majority of flights scheduled to leave Newark Liberty Airport have been canceled as a winter storm moves up the East Coast.
About half the in-bound flights there Thursday were also canceled, according to the flight-tracking website FlightAware.
The heavy snowstorm has also led to cancellations of about half of the flights to and from New York City’s LaGuardia Airport.
More planes were expected to depart and arrive from Kennedy Airport, where about one-fourth of the day’s routes were canceled by mid-morning Thursday.
Several flights from the east coast to Sacramento had been canceled.
(TM and © Copyright 2010 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or Redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)