East Coast Storm Causing Flight Delays Across The Country
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
NEWARK, N.J. (AP/CBS) — The majority of flights scheduled to leave Newark Liberty Airport have been canceled as a winter storm moves up the East Coast.
About half the in-bound flights there Thursday were also canceled, according to the flight-tracking website FlightAware.
The heavy snowstorm has also led to cancellations of about half of the flights to and from New York City’s LaGuardia Airport.
More planes were expected to depart and arrive from Kennedy Airport, where about one-fourth of the day’s routes were canceled by mid-morning Thursday.
Several flights from the east coast to Sacramento had been canceled.
(TM and © Copyright 2010 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or Redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)