Forest Service Management Plan At Lake Tahoe Could Spark ‘Development Race’
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
LAKE TAHOE (CBS13) – Heavenly Mountain Resort is protesting the U.S. Forest Service’s management plan for Lake Tahoe.
The Tahoe Daily Tribune says the resort claims a plan to restrict future ski resort development to 200 acres would apply to all four ski resorts in Tahoe.
Heavenly says, as a result, the plan could spark a “development race” by encouraging resorts to submit proposals to develop the 200 acres before other resorts.