Chocolate Fish Coffee Brewing ‘Morning Beer’ Coffee With Nitrogen
Don't Miss This
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Ancient Swamp Creature Named After Mick Jagger (KYMX)
- Woman Convicted In Torching Of Ex-Boyfriend’s Bed
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — It looks and feels like a bar drink, but it’s served by a barista, and there’s only one place in town you can find this alcohol-free drink.
It’s slow-poured into a glass, but this drink dubbed “Morning Beer” won’t make you feel bad for drinking before noon.
“You can actually see the coffee kind of cascade down into the cup, and it produces that nice, big head,” said Nathan Welsh with Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters.
You heard him right, it’s a new take on coffee. After perfecting its current pours, the owners of the East Sacramento shop came up with nitrogenated coffee.
Welsh says it starts with brewing a bunch of iced coffee.
“Then we throw it in a 5-gallon keg, put it under nitrogen for anywhere from five to 6 days, and then after that it’s ready to go,” he said.
Regular William Myers came in after a bike ride and tried it for the first time today.
“It was great,” he said. “Super refreshing; a little different than my normal.”
The texture is similar to a stout beer. It’s smooth and sweet, so Welsh says no cream or sugar is needed.
The nitrogenated coffee is only available at the Chocolate Fish location on Folsom Boulevard right now.