Homicide Suspected In Oakdale Church Volunteer’s Death
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
OAKDALE (CBS13) — A church volunteer’s death on a nature trail in Oakdale has fellow churchgoers yearning for answers in a suspected homicide.
Juan Calvillo’s body was found on a trail in a nature area in what deputies are calling a homicide, though they have no motive for the killing.
Construction crews were busy working to transform a church basement into a Sunday school room. But the man who volunteered to lead the project wasn’t there.
They realized there was a problem when Calvillo didn’t show up for the first day of construction. The last time anyone at the church saw the father of five was during a potluck.
A trio of fishermen made the gruesome discovery days later when they came across his body on a nature trail.
Deputies say Calvillo had been shot to death in a possible murder.
With no motive and no arrest in sight, church leaders are trying to make sense of the loss, and are hopeful closure comes soon.
The church plans on helping with Calvillo’s funeral.