Antelope Man May Have Been Suicidal When Confronting Deputies
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
ANTELOPE (CBS13) — The man shot and killed by Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies on Sunday had a death wish when he confronted authorities, the department said on Monday.
Deputies say Ryan Shannon, 41 of Antelope, was carrying realistic firearm replicas at the time of his death, one of which he pointed at deputies. Confronted with a weapon, they opened fire.
The firearms in question had no markings showing they were replicas and appeared to be real, deputies said.
Materials were also found indicating the Shannon wanted to end his life, which may have been why he pointed the replica weapons at deputies.