Antelope Man May Have Been Suicidal When Confronting Deputies
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
ANTELOPE (CBS13) — The man shot and killed by Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies on Sunday had a death wish when he confronted authorities, the department said on Monday.
Deputies say Ryan Shannon, 41 of Antelope, was carrying realistic firearm replicas at the time of his death, one of which he pointed at deputies. Confronted with a weapon, they opened fire.
The firearms in question had no markings showing they were replicas and appeared to be real, deputies said.
Materials were also found indicating the Shannon wanted to end his life, which may have been why he pointed the replica weapons at deputies.