Antelope Man May Have Been Suicidal When Confronting Deputies
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
ANTELOPE (CBS13) — The man shot and killed by Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies on Sunday had a death wish when he confronted authorities, the department said on Monday.
Deputies say Ryan Shannon, 41 of Antelope, was carrying realistic firearm replicas at the time of his death, one of which he pointed at deputies. Confronted with a weapon, they opened fire.
The firearms in question had no markings showing they were replicas and appeared to be real, deputies said.
Materials were also found indicating the Shannon wanted to end his life, which may have been why he pointed the replica weapons at deputies.