Antelope Man May Have Been Suicidal When Confronting Deputies
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
ANTELOPE (CBS13) — The man shot and killed by Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies on Sunday had a death wish when he confronted authorities, the department said on Monday.
Deputies say Ryan Shannon, 41 of Antelope, was carrying realistic firearm replicas at the time of his death, one of which he pointed at deputies. Confronted with a weapon, they opened fire.
The firearms in question had no markings showing they were replicas and appeared to be real, deputies said.
Materials were also found indicating the Shannon wanted to end his life, which may have been why he pointed the replica weapons at deputies.