Antelope Man May Have Been Suicidal When Confronting Deputies
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
ANTELOPE (CBS13) — The man shot and killed by Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies on Sunday had a death wish when he confronted authorities, the department said on Monday.
Deputies say Ryan Shannon, 41 of Antelope, was carrying realistic firearm replicas at the time of his death, one of which he pointed at deputies. Confronted with a weapon, they opened fire.
The firearms in question had no markings showing they were replicas and appeared to be real, deputies said.
Materials were also found indicating the Shannon wanted to end his life, which may have been why he pointed the replica weapons at deputies.