Two Bodies Found After Fire At Placerville Home
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – The bodies of two women were found in a Placerville-area house that went up in flames Friday morning, fire officials say.
The fire was first reported just before 6 a.m., Daniel Berlant with Cal Fire said. Fire crews soon arrived at the Rose Lane and Mosquito Road home and found the fire fully engulfing the structure. The fire caused the roof to collapse.
Crews were able to get the fire under control within 35 minutes, officials say. How the fire started is still being investigated.
Officials say that the two women were found in a back bedroom of the home, but no other information about how they died or who they were has been released.
It’s unknown if there were working smoke detectors in the home at the time of the fire.
The home will be a total loss, officials say. A number of animals – including dogs, donkeys and mules – live on the large property, but none of them were harmed in the fire.
In total, crews from the Diamond Springs Fire Department, the El Dorado County Fire Department and Cal Fire showed up at the scene.