Two Bodies Found After Fire At Placerville Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – The bodies of two women were found in a Placerville-area house that went up in flames Friday morning, fire officials say.
The fire was first reported just before 6 a.m., Daniel Berlant with Cal Fire said. Fire crews soon arrived at the Rose Lane and Mosquito Road home and found the fire fully engulfing the structure. The fire caused the roof to collapse.
Crews were able to get the fire under control within 35 minutes, officials say. How the fire started is still being investigated.
Officials say that the two women were found in a back bedroom of the home, but no other information about how they died or who they were has been released.
It’s unknown if there were working smoke detectors in the home at the time of the fire.
The home will be a total loss, officials say. A number of animals – including dogs, donkeys and mules – live on the large property, but none of them were harmed in the fire.
In total, crews from the Diamond Springs Fire Department, the El Dorado County Fire Department and Cal Fire showed up at the scene.