Two Bodies Found After Fire At Placerville Home
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – The bodies of two women were found in a Placerville-area house that went up in flames Friday morning, fire officials say.
The fire was first reported just before 6 a.m., Daniel Berlant with Cal Fire said. Fire crews soon arrived at the Rose Lane and Mosquito Road home and found the fire fully engulfing the structure. The fire caused the roof to collapse.
Crews were able to get the fire under control within 35 minutes, officials say. How the fire started is still being investigated.
Officials say that the two women were found in a back bedroom of the home, but no other information about how they died or who they were has been released.
It’s unknown if there were working smoke detectors in the home at the time of the fire.
The home will be a total loss, officials say. A number of animals – including dogs, donkeys and mules – live on the large property, but none of them were harmed in the fire.
In total, crews from the Diamond Springs Fire Department, the El Dorado County Fire Department and Cal Fire showed up at the scene.