New Gates For Folsom Dam On Their Way
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) – Taking a break before the next leg of its trek, a massive new spillway gate bound for Folsom Dam is parked in Dunnigan.
The gates are 100 feet long and are so wide they require the use of both lanes of Interstate 5. This has meant temporary closures to I-5 as the gates made their way down from Vancouver, Washington – a 600-mile trip.
Folsom Dam will essentially become a new dam once the new pieces – which are being installed to double-down on the dam’s flood preparedness – are in place.
The Army Corps of Engineers says that new gates should be showing up in Folsom by early Friday morning. They are scheduled to leave Dunnigan by 8 p.m. Thursday.