New Gates For Folsom Dam On Their Way
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) – Taking a break before the next leg of its trek, a massive new spillway gate bound for Folsom Dam is parked in Dunnigan.
The gates are 100 feet long and are so wide they require the use of both lanes of Interstate 5. This has meant temporary closures to I-5 as the gates made their way down from Vancouver, Washington – a 600-mile trip.
Folsom Dam will essentially become a new dam once the new pieces – which are being installed to double-down on the dam’s flood preparedness – are in place.
The Army Corps of Engineers says that new gates should be showing up in Folsom by early Friday morning. They are scheduled to leave Dunnigan by 8 p.m. Thursday.