New Gates For Folsom Dam On Their Way
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) – Taking a break before the next leg of its trek, a massive new spillway gate bound for Folsom Dam is parked in Dunnigan.
The gates are 100 feet long and are so wide they require the use of both lanes of Interstate 5. This has meant temporary closures to I-5 as the gates made their way down from Vancouver, Washington – a 600-mile trip.
Folsom Dam will essentially become a new dam once the new pieces – which are being installed to double-down on the dam’s flood preparedness – are in place.
The Army Corps of Engineers says that new gates should be showing up in Folsom by early Friday morning. They are scheduled to leave Dunnigan by 8 p.m. Thursday.