3 Stockton Teens Arrested On Attempted Murder Charges
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Three young men are under arrest on attempted murder charges after a confrontation took a violent turn.
Officers were called to the 700 block of West Anderson Street just after 11:30 p.m. Tuesday after a 42-year-old man reported that some suspects had tried to shoot him with a shotgun, Stockton Police say.
The man was confronted over some kind of perceived act of disrespect from earlier in the week. The confrontation escalated to a shotgun being pulled out and fired at the man. However, the shot missed and instead hit the man’s homeless encampment.
Police say the man was chased by the three suspects until he reached a nearby business and called 911.
Officers eventually found the three suspects – 19-year-old Johnny Phatame, 18-year-old Guillermo Bastida and a 16-year-old boy – along with a shotgun nearby. All three were arrested on attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy and gun charges.