3 Stockton Teens Arrested On Attempted Murder Charges
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Three young men are under arrest on attempted murder charges after a confrontation took a violent turn.
Officers were called to the 700 block of West Anderson Street just after 11:30 p.m. Tuesday after a 42-year-old man reported that some suspects had tried to shoot him with a shotgun, Stockton Police say.
The man was confronted over some kind of perceived act of disrespect from earlier in the week. The confrontation escalated to a shotgun being pulled out and fired at the man. However, the shot missed and instead hit the man’s homeless encampment.
Police say the man was chased by the three suspects until he reached a nearby business and called 911.
Officers eventually found the three suspects – 19-year-old Johnny Phatame, 18-year-old Guillermo Bastida and a 16-year-old boy – along with a shotgun nearby. All three were arrested on attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy and gun charges.