3 Stockton Teens Arrested On Attempted Murder Charges
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Three young men are under arrest on attempted murder charges after a confrontation took a violent turn.
Officers were called to the 700 block of West Anderson Street just after 11:30 p.m. Tuesday after a 42-year-old man reported that some suspects had tried to shoot him with a shotgun, Stockton Police say.
The man was confronted over some kind of perceived act of disrespect from earlier in the week. The confrontation escalated to a shotgun being pulled out and fired at the man. However, the shot missed and instead hit the man’s homeless encampment.
Police say the man was chased by the three suspects until he reached a nearby business and called 911.
Officers eventually found the three suspects – 19-year-old Johnny Phatame, 18-year-old Guillermo Bastida and a 16-year-old boy – along with a shotgun nearby. All three were arrested on attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy and gun charges.