Multi-Vehicle Crash On Sacramento Freeway Caught On Video
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) - Commuters in the Sacramento region dealt with stop-and-go traffic on Interstate 80 after several crashes blocked the roadway during the morning rush hour.
At around 8 a.m. Monday, a CBS13 news crew was getting ready to report from the scene of a crash on westbound Interstate 80 near Greenback Lane, when several vehicles on eastbound Interstate 80 suddenly crashed.
CHP says rubberneckers caused the first crash, which sent a truck into the median. As cars subsequently slowed amid the chaos, approaching vehicles didn’t stop in time and struck vehicles in front of them. The entire crash was caught on video. At least five vehicles were involved.
And as the driver of the truck that hit the guardrail was opening his door to the truck, a nearby car was rear-ended and sent careening into the side of his open door, slamming it shut and shaking the truck.
CHP officers attending to the earlier crashed rushed to assist drivers in the other crash.
It’s unknown how many people were injured or how badly they were injured.