SWAT Officers Arrest Man Wanted For Shooting At House Party
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) - SWAT officers arrested a man possibly connected to the shooting death of another man at a Sacramento house party over the weekend.
Police were called to the 300 block of River Bend Circle at around 1:33 a.m. on Saturday after they received reports that a man had been shot. When they arrived at the apartment, they found a 21-year-old victim with gunshot wounds. He was taken to the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds and later died, according to police spokesperson Sgt. Michelle Gigante.
The police investigation revealed the victim was shot inside an apartment where a party was happening. Everyone who was at the party left right after the shooting.
Sacramento Police Homicide and Gang Detectives tracked the suspect down to an apartment complex in the 2200 block of Gateway Oaks Drive on Sunday night. They surrounded the apartment and requested SWAT initiate contact with Thomas. He eventually surrendered and was taken into custody by SWAT officers.
The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information about the River Bend Circle shooting to contact the dispatch center at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Editor’s note: A previous version on this story incorrectly stated the shooting happened in Natomas.