SWAT Officers Arrest Man Wanted For Shooting At House Party
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) - SWAT officers arrested a man possibly connected to the shooting death of another man at a Sacramento house party over the weekend.
Police were called to the 300 block of River Bend Circle at around 1:33 a.m. on Saturday after they received reports that a man had been shot. When they arrived at the apartment, they found a 21-year-old victim with gunshot wounds. He was taken to the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds and later died, according to police spokesperson Sgt. Michelle Gigante.
The police investigation revealed the victim was shot inside an apartment where a party was happening. Everyone who was at the party left right after the shooting.
Sacramento Police Homicide and Gang Detectives tracked the suspect down to an apartment complex in the 2200 block of Gateway Oaks Drive on Sunday night. They surrounded the apartment and requested SWAT initiate contact with Thomas. He eventually surrendered and was taken into custody by SWAT officers.
The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information about the River Bend Circle shooting to contact the dispatch center at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Editor’s note: A previous version on this story incorrectly stated the shooting happened in Natomas.