Boy, 15, Suspected Of Lighting Fires At Elk Grove High
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Cosumnes Fire Department officials say that a 15-year-old boy has been arrested for a series of fires set at Elk Grove High School last week.
The fires were set at two boy’s bathrooms during the lunch period at Elk Grove High back on March 20, Cosumnes Fire Department Fire Chief Tracey Hansen said. Students and staff caught both of the fires early and were able to extinguish them before they got out of hand.
Working with the Elk Grove School District Police and school administrators, and spurred by several other arson fires set over the past couple of weeks, authorities quickly identified the 15-year-old as a suspect. Last Friday morning, the boy was arrested.
However, authorities are still trying to find out who set other fires both on and off the Elk Grove High campus.
Anyone with more information is asked call the Cosumnes Fire Department at (916) 405-7118.