Boy, 15, Suspected Of Lighting Fires At Elk Grove High
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Cosumnes Fire Department officials say that a 15-year-old boy has been arrested for a series of fires set at Elk Grove High School last week.
The fires were set at two boy’s bathrooms during the lunch period at Elk Grove High back on March 20, Cosumnes Fire Department Fire Chief Tracey Hansen said. Students and staff caught both of the fires early and were able to extinguish them before they got out of hand.
Working with the Elk Grove School District Police and school administrators, and spurred by several other arson fires set over the past couple of weeks, authorities quickly identified the 15-year-old as a suspect. Last Friday morning, the boy was arrested.
However, authorities are still trying to find out who set other fires both on and off the Elk Grove High campus.
Anyone with more information is asked call the Cosumnes Fire Department at (916) 405-7118.