Boy, 15, Suspected Of Lighting Fires At Elk Grove High
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Cosumnes Fire Department officials say that a 15-year-old boy has been arrested for a series of fires set at Elk Grove High School last week.
The fires were set at two boy’s bathrooms during the lunch period at Elk Grove High back on March 20, Cosumnes Fire Department Fire Chief Tracey Hansen said. Students and staff caught both of the fires early and were able to extinguish them before they got out of hand.
Working with the Elk Grove School District Police and school administrators, and spurred by several other arson fires set over the past couple of weeks, authorities quickly identified the 15-year-old as a suspect. Last Friday morning, the boy was arrested.
However, authorities are still trying to find out who set other fires both on and off the Elk Grove High campus.
Anyone with more information is asked call the Cosumnes Fire Department at (916) 405-7118.