Man Killed After Car Hit By Train Identified
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento County coroner’s office has identified the man killed after his car was hit by a train Wednesday night.
The accident happened at the crossing on Calvine Road just west of Vintage Park Drive around 6:10 p.m. Wednesday. A man – now identified as 40-year-old Dupri Tang – was driving his Toyota Corolla when a train came through.
Witnesses say the crossing arms were down, but the car continued onto the tracks. The car was then hit by the train with such force that the car flipped onto its side and into the center median.
Tang was declared dead at the scene.
Investigators are trying to figure out if drugs or alcohol played a factor in the crash.