Man Killed After Car Hit By Train Identified
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento County coroner’s office has identified the man killed after his car was hit by a train Wednesday night.
The accident happened at the crossing on Calvine Road just west of Vintage Park Drive around 6:10 p.m. Wednesday. A man – now identified as 40-year-old Dupri Tang – was driving his Toyota Corolla when a train came through.
Witnesses say the crossing arms were down, but the car continued onto the tracks. The car was then hit by the train with such force that the car flipped onto its side and into the center median.
Tang was declared dead at the scene.
Investigators are trying to figure out if drugs or alcohol played a factor in the crash.