Man Killed After Car Hit By Train Identified
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento County coroner’s office has identified the man killed after his car was hit by a train Wednesday night.
The accident happened at the crossing on Calvine Road just west of Vintage Park Drive around 6:10 p.m. Wednesday. A man – now identified as 40-year-old Dupri Tang – was driving his Toyota Corolla when a train came through.
Witnesses say the crossing arms were down, but the car continued onto the tracks. The car was then hit by the train with such force that the car flipped onto its side and into the center median.
Tang was declared dead at the scene.
Investigators are trying to figure out if drugs or alcohol played a factor in the crash.