Woodland Murder Suspect Arrested; Person Of Interest Still Sought
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – One of two men wanted in connection to a Woodland murder has been arrested, the Woodland Police Department announced Friday.
Julio Demetrio Gayton, 26, was arrested Friday morning at a home along West Elliot Street in Woodland. He is being called the suspect in the case and was charged with murder. Police officers made sure to surround the home and call in air support before they called Gayton to come out of the home.
Gayton reportedly walked out of the home and was taken into custody without incident.
Police have been looking for Gayton since March 18, when a man was fatally stabbed along the 600 block of Elm Street. A second man, 23-year-old Jesse Armando Tapia, is still being sought by police.
Tapia is only considered a “person of interest” in the murder. His role in the case has not been elaborated on.
Anyone who may know where Tapia may be, or who has any more information on the case, is asked to call the Woodland Police Department at (530) 666-2411.