Woodland Murder Suspect Arrested; Person Of Interest Still Sought
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – One of two men wanted in connection to a Woodland murder has been arrested, the Woodland Police Department announced Friday.
Julio Demetrio Gayton, 26, was arrested Friday morning at a home along West Elliot Street in Woodland. He is being called the suspect in the case and was charged with murder. Police officers made sure to surround the home and call in air support before they called Gayton to come out of the home.
Gayton reportedly walked out of the home and was taken into custody without incident.
Police have been looking for Gayton since March 18, when a man was fatally stabbed along the 600 block of Elm Street. A second man, 23-year-old Jesse Armando Tapia, is still being sought by police.
Tapia is only considered a “person of interest” in the murder. His role in the case has not been elaborated on.
Anyone who may know where Tapia may be, or who has any more information on the case, is asked to call the Woodland Police Department at (530) 666-2411.