Rescuers Searching For Missing Runner Near Foresthill
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – Rescuers are desperately searching for a man who didn’t return from a run in the foothills Sunday morning.
The man, identified as 55-year-old Robert Root, was a part of a group of runners who set out on the Western States Trail near Foresthill. The group started their run around 8:15 a.m. and got back around 9 a.m., finding that Root was missing.
About 40 search and rescue crews showed up to the scene Sunday and have been searching the area all day.
The search was suspended Sunday night, but will be resumed at dawn Monday.
Authorities are especially concerned because Root was dressed for running, meaning he is ill-prepared for the drop in temperature that comes with nightfall in the foothills.
Root is also said to have poor eyesight and is on medication.