Rescuers Searching For Missing Runner Near Foresthill
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – Rescuers are desperately searching for a man who didn’t return from a run in the foothills Sunday morning.
The man, identified as 55-year-old Robert Root, was a part of a group of runners who set out on the Western States Trail near Foresthill. The group started their run around 8:15 a.m. and got back around 9 a.m., finding that Root was missing.
About 40 search and rescue crews showed up to the scene Sunday and have been searching the area all day.
The search was suspended Sunday night, but will be resumed at dawn Monday.
Authorities are especially concerned because Root was dressed for running, meaning he is ill-prepared for the drop in temperature that comes with nightfall in the foothills.
Root is also said to have poor eyesight and is on medication.