Snowboarder Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — Rescuers are searching for a man who went missing in the northern Sierra.
Nevada County Sheriff’s officials say 25-year-old Abraham Finkelstein and his father were headed to a cabin in the Tahoe National Forest near Donner Summit on Monday when they became separated during a snow storm. Finkelstein’s father was able to get back to their car.
He called authorities around 5 p.m. after his son failed to show up.
Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt says search and rescue volunteers scoured the area on foot all night and were continuing their efforts on Tuesday morning despite the freezing temperatures and snowfall. The weather, however, was not allowing for search efforts by air.
Pettitt said Finkelstein was dressed warmly.