Snowboarder Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — Rescuers are searching for a man who went missing in the northern Sierra.
Nevada County Sheriff’s officials say 25-year-old Abraham Finkelstein and his father were headed to a cabin in the Tahoe National Forest near Donner Summit on Monday when they became separated during a snow storm. Finkelstein’s father was able to get back to their car.
He called authorities around 5 p.m. after his son failed to show up.
Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt says search and rescue volunteers scoured the area on foot all night and were continuing their efforts on Tuesday morning despite the freezing temperatures and snowfall. The weather, however, was not allowing for search efforts by air.
Pettitt said Finkelstein was dressed warmly.