Snowboarder Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — Rescuers are searching for a man who went missing in the northern Sierra.
Nevada County Sheriff’s officials say 25-year-old Abraham Finkelstein and his father were headed to a cabin in the Tahoe National Forest near Donner Summit on Monday when they became separated during a snow storm. Finkelstein’s father was able to get back to their car.
He called authorities around 5 p.m. after his son failed to show up.
Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt says search and rescue volunteers scoured the area on foot all night and were continuing their efforts on Tuesday morning despite the freezing temperatures and snowfall. The weather, however, was not allowing for search efforts by air.
Pettitt said Finkelstein was dressed warmly.