Snowboarder Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — Rescuers are searching for a man who went missing in the northern Sierra.
Nevada County Sheriff’s officials say 25-year-old Abraham Finkelstein and his father were headed to a cabin in the Tahoe National Forest near Donner Summit on Monday when they became separated during a snow storm. Finkelstein’s father was able to get back to their car.
He called authorities around 5 p.m. after his son failed to show up.
Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt says search and rescue volunteers scoured the area on foot all night and were continuing their efforts on Tuesday morning despite the freezing temperatures and snowfall. The weather, however, was not allowing for search efforts by air.
Pettitt said Finkelstein was dressed warmly.