Snowboarder Missing In Nevada County
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — Rescuers are searching for a man who went missing in the northern Sierra.
Nevada County Sheriff’s officials say 25-year-old Abraham Finkelstein and his father were headed to a cabin in the Tahoe National Forest near Donner Summit on Monday when they became separated during a snow storm. Finkelstein’s father was able to get back to their car.
He called authorities around 5 p.m. after his son failed to show up.
Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt says search and rescue volunteers scoured the area on foot all night and were continuing their efforts on Tuesday morning despite the freezing temperatures and snowfall. The weather, however, was not allowing for search efforts by air.
Pettitt said Finkelstein was dressed warmly.