Friends, Family Remember Father, Daughter Killed In Antelope Crash
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
ANTELOPE (CBS13) — A well-loved student and her father are being remembered by the community after they were killed in the middle of a high-speed chase.
Twins Ruslan and Roman Glukhoy are facing two charges of murder as Placer County Sheriff’s deputies say a stolen truck they were driving crashed into another car.
The crash instantly killed Jose Tovar, 35, and his 14-year-old daughter Anahi.
It may be a different language, but you can’t mistake the emotion as mother Anahi Tovar describes her daughter, and her husband, who she would call an amazing dad to their daughter.
“I want justice,” she said.
Insisting she can’t believe it, the mother is now left single with a daughter and a 6-month-old son, who likely won’t remember his father.
Meanwhile, students and faculty at the younger Anahi’s school, Cooley Middle School, were also trying to cope. Counselors were on hand, and students wore pink to remember her.
“She’d always give me good advice,” one student said. “She was just all around a good person, and it’s just really sad that this happened to her.”
As for whether or not the older Anahi feels this could have been avoided, she says deputies are partly to blame for the loss of her daughter and husband for pursuing a suspect on a busy road.