Fire At Modesto Home Displaces 7
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
MODESTO (CBS13) – Investigators are looking into what caused a fire at a Modesto home that has displaced six people.
The fire started just after 10 p.m. Thursday, Modesto Regional Fire officials say. Crews were called to the 1400 block of Leonard Avenue and found the second story of a home quickly going up in smoke.
Flames were seen coming from all the top windows, officials say.
Crews went on the offensive and were able to contain the fire within 20 minutes. The fire was mostly kept to the second floor, but the first floor did suffer some smoke and water damage. Officials estimate that the fire did about $100,000 in damage.
Six adults and a child have been displaced due to the fire. The Red Cross is assisting them.
What sparked the fire is still under investigation.