Fire At Modesto Home Displaces 7
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Investigators are looking into what caused a fire at a Modesto home that has displaced six people.
The fire started just after 10 p.m. Thursday, Modesto Regional Fire officials say. Crews were called to the 1400 block of Leonard Avenue and found the second story of a home quickly going up in smoke.
Flames were seen coming from all the top windows, officials say.
Crews went on the offensive and were able to contain the fire within 20 minutes. The fire was mostly kept to the second floor, but the first floor did suffer some smoke and water damage. Officials estimate that the fire did about $100,000 in damage.
Six adults and a child have been displaced due to the fire. The Red Cross is assisting them.
What sparked the fire is still under investigation.