Girl, 13, Allegedly Stabs Sister, Friend And Self During Sleepover
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Three young girls are in the hospital after a stabbing that looks to have been carried out by one of the girls, Modesto Police say.
Officers showed up along the 2600 block of E. Orangeburg Avenue just after 1:06 a.m. Saturday after a reported stabbing. Officers soon found that two 13-year-old girls and an 11-year-old girl had been stabbed.
The teen’s mother reportedly heard screaming from the bedroom and called 911.
Investigators believe that one of the 13-year-old girls stabbed her sister and her friend, then stabbed herself. Modesto Police tell CBS13 that the girls were in the middle of a sleepover.
All three girls were taken to the hospital. Two of the girls are in critical condition, while another is in serious, but stable, condition.
Melinda Cormier lives across the street. She says that, just yesterday, she saw one of the girls playing on the front lawn.
“We never heard any fighting, screaming or yelling over there. I have no idea what could have caused that,” Cormier said.
Why the girl allegedly stabbed the other girls is still under investigation. Anyone with more information to give investigators on the case is asked to call the Modesto-area Crime Stoppers hotline at (209) 521-4636.