Girl, 13, Allegedly Stabs Sister, Friend And Self During Sleepover
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MODESTO (CBS13) – Three young girls are in the hospital after a stabbing that looks to have been carried out by one of the girls, Modesto Police say.
Officers showed up along the 2600 block of E. Orangeburg Avenue just after 1:06 a.m. Saturday after a reported stabbing. Officers soon found that two 13-year-old girls and an 11-year-old girl had been stabbed.
The teen’s mother reportedly heard screaming from the bedroom and called 911.
Investigators believe that one of the 13-year-old girls stabbed her sister and her friend, then stabbed herself. Modesto Police tell CBS13 that the girls were in the middle of a sleepover.
All three girls were taken to the hospital. Two of the girls are in critical condition, while another is in serious, but stable, condition.
Melinda Cormier lives across the street. She says that, just yesterday, she saw one of the girls playing on the front lawn.
“We never heard any fighting, screaming or yelling over there. I have no idea what could have caused that,” Cormier said.
Why the girl allegedly stabbed the other girls is still under investigation. Anyone with more information to give investigators on the case is asked to call the Modesto-area Crime Stoppers hotline at (209) 521-4636.