Early Morning Shooting Rattles Elk Grove Neighborhood
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police are looking for the suspects in a shooting that rattled an Elk Grove neighborhood early Wednesday morning.
Police tell CBS13 that a woman was driving home when her ex-boyfriend pulled up and opened fired at her. The woman’s car was hit three times, but she and another occupant escaped unharmed.
“Obviously, the boyfriend is looking at some serious charges at this point and time,” said Sgt. Michael Iannone with the Elk Grove Police Department.
Multiple people in the neighborhood called 911 to report the shooting. Police say that the shooting could have turned out a lot worse.
“Thank goodness it happened late at night when there wasn’t anyone out in the park because it’s a park right behind us,” Iannone said.
Investigators are following up on leads, police say, and reportedly have a good idea about where the man may be hiding out.