Accused Distracted Driver Kills 1, Injures 3 In Manteca Crash
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) — A Stockton teenager is accused of vehicular manslaughter after police say her car struck four pedestrians while she was reaching for her cellphone.
Mia Sara Aguiar, 19, was driving along Yosemite Avenue early Saturday morning, when police say she reached for her cellphone. While she was distracted, her car car drifted, striking four teenagers, killing one of them.
Investigators do not believe alcohol or drugs played a factor in the crash.