Chase Ends In Woodland, Suspect Arrested
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – Police were seen taking into custody a suspect who had been leading authorities on a chase since early Thursday morning.
A California Highway Patrol official tells CBS13 that the Colusa County Sheriff’s Department asked the CHP for help with a pursuit that began along I-5, a little north of Williams.
CHP officers lost sight of the pickup truck the suspect was driving for a time, but the truck later crashed in Woodland.
A little before 7 a.m., officers were seen arresting the suspect near Midway Drive and Gibson Road. He had been hiding in the backyard of a home.
Authorities are crediting a K9 unit from the West Sacramento Police Department and air support with helping locate the suspect, who has not been identified as of late Thursday morning.
The incident was actually the second chase for authorities in Woodland within the span of a few hours. Late Wednesday night, Woodland Police arrested a 35-year-old man who had led them on a chase in a Dodge Caravan.
In the earlier incident, police say that Woodland resident Robert Anthony Aragon was wanted for brandishing a pistol. Officers tried to pull him over, only for Aragon to take off.
The chase ended much like the later one: Aragon eventually crashed his van and was caught hiding in a side yard.