Speed Limit Lowered To 55 MPH Through Fix 50 Project
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Motorists beware: The speed limit has been lowered along both sides of Highway 50 during the Fix 50 project.
Drivers used to going 65 mph along both sides of Highway 50 between Fourth and 24th streets will be in for a surprise, as the speed limit was dropped to 55 mph.
The move was made as multiple lanes are closed on the eastbound stretch of Highway 50 for the first part of a project to improve the elevated stretch of road between W and X streets in Sacramento.
But just because there isn’t road work on the westbound side doesn’t mean it won’t be affected by the speed changes. The 55 mph limit is in effect for westbound lanes as well.