Speed Limit Lowered To 55 MPH Through Fix 50 Project
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Motorists beware: The speed limit has been lowered along both sides of Highway 50 during the Fix 50 project.
Drivers used to going 65 mph along both sides of Highway 50 between Fourth and 24th streets will be in for a surprise, as the speed limit was dropped to 55 mph.
The move was made as multiple lanes are closed on the eastbound stretch of Highway 50 for the first part of a project to improve the elevated stretch of road between W and X streets in Sacramento.
But just because there isn’t road work on the westbound side doesn’t mean it won’t be affected by the speed changes. The 55 mph limit is in effect for westbound lanes as well.