Gymnastics Coach Accused Of Raping Teenager After Plying Her With Alcohol
ROCKLIN (CBS13) — A local gymnastics coach is under arrest, accused of raping a teenage girl, and police are worried there may be more victims.
He shows off his body in his Facebook photos—an aspiring model, we’re told—but the most recent picture of 21-year-old Daniel Zmrzel is his mugshot.
Parents were outraged to learn the local gymnastics coach is accused of getting an underage teenage girl intoxicated, then raping her.
“During the investigation, we determined that she had been sexually assaulted,” said Rocklin Police Det. Zach Krempin.
Rocklin Police say they have concerns beyond the alleged brutal crime, because Zmrzel coaches children at Loomis’ Extreme Gymnastics and Cheer.
“If there is an adult that is working with minors there is always a possibility of having other victims that are underage as well,” Krempin said.
William Woltz owns the gymnastics center, and says Zmrzel grew up in the gym. He’s the first to point out what police confirm—the suspect didn’t meet his alleged victim through the gym.
“We have no reason to believe that any of the kids that attend our gym has been involved in this at all,” Woltz said.
The news of Zmrzel’s alleged crimes came as a shock to the owner.
“We were all completely surprised and dismayed about the situation,” Woltz said. “We’ve known Daniel since he was a little kid, and never thought this would happen or could have happened.”
He says all background checks were done, and he believes all of his students here are safe.
More Local Stories
- Vietnam Veterans Wall Expected To Double Attendance At Manteca Memorial Day Celebration
- Sacramento Sushi Lovers Undeterred By Salmonella Scare Linked To Raw Tuna
- Truckee Police Officer Has 8-Year-Old Write Apology Letter For Throwing Rocks After Mom’s Call
- Yuba City Homeowner Fined $250 As City Cracks Down On Water Usage
- Chandra Levy: Man Convicted Of Killing Rep. Gary Condit’s Intern Granted New Trial