Police: Woman Stole Car With Child Inside
Don't Miss This
- Stockton Police Employee Hit While Crossing Street Dies
- Davis Children Offer Grinch Free Cookies In Return For Stolen Christmas Lights
- Women Chased On Interstate 80 By Driver Posing As Sheriff’s Deputy In Alleged Road Rage Incident
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a woman stole another woman’s car and forced a child inside to jump out.
The incident happened Thursday afternoon along the 400 block of North American Street. A woman told police that she was picking up some children. She said she ran inside a building and left her car with the keys inside, along with her 10-year-old nephew.
But, this is when police say the suspected carjacker pounced.
Police say that 26-year-old Victoria Chew jumped into the woman’s car, yelling at the boy to get out. The boy complied and jumped out of the car as the woman was driving off.
Chew and the stolen car were found a short time later. Police say Chew tried to run from officers, but she was caught after a short foot chase.
Chew now faces carjacking, possession of stolen property and resisting arrest charges.