Police: Woman Stole Car With Child Inside
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a woman stole another woman’s car and forced a child inside to jump out.
The incident happened Thursday afternoon along the 400 block of North American Street. A woman told police that she was picking up some children. She said she ran inside a building and left her car with the keys inside, along with her 10-year-old nephew.
But, this is when police say the suspected carjacker pounced.
Police say that 26-year-old Victoria Chew jumped into the woman’s car, yelling at the boy to get out. The boy complied and jumped out of the car as the woman was driving off.
Chew and the stolen car were found a short time later. Police say Chew tried to run from officers, but she was caught after a short foot chase.
Chew now faces carjacking, possession of stolen property and resisting arrest charges.