Police: Woman Stole Car With Child Inside
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a woman stole another woman’s car and forced a child inside to jump out.
The incident happened Thursday afternoon along the 400 block of North American Street. A woman told police that she was picking up some children. She said she ran inside a building and left her car with the keys inside, along with her 10-year-old nephew.
But, this is when police say the suspected carjacker pounced.
Police say that 26-year-old Victoria Chew jumped into the woman’s car, yelling at the boy to get out. The boy complied and jumped out of the car as the woman was driving off.
Chew and the stolen car were found a short time later. Police say Chew tried to run from officers, but she was caught after a short foot chase.
Chew now faces carjacking, possession of stolen property and resisting arrest charges.