Police: Woman Stole Car With Child Inside
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a woman stole another woman’s car and forced a child inside to jump out.
The incident happened Thursday afternoon along the 400 block of North American Street. A woman told police that she was picking up some children. She said she ran inside a building and left her car with the keys inside, along with her 10-year-old nephew.
But, this is when police say the suspected carjacker pounced.
Police say that 26-year-old Victoria Chew jumped into the woman’s car, yelling at the boy to get out. The boy complied and jumped out of the car as the woman was driving off.
Chew and the stolen car were found a short time later. Police say Chew tried to run from officers, but she was caught after a short foot chase.
Chew now faces carjacking, possession of stolen property and resisting arrest charges.