Davis Woman Celebrates 90th Birthday By Jumping Out Of A Plane
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A senior citizen decided to take on a daredevil act for her 90th birthday: skydiving.
“Let’s go climb an airplane go have some fun,” Davis resident Sally Maness said.
Sally said the idea started as a joke. Her friend bought her a gift certificate to Skydance Skydiving in Davis as a gag.
But then Sally said, “Why not?”
“He thought nobody, no 90-year-old woman, would do … He was just pulling a joke on me, [but] I called him on it,” Maness said.
So Sally, her son and grandson – who all have skydived before – joined her.
“The generation thing was the best part of the whole thing,” Sally said.
Three generations jumping out of a plane.
“I’ve made a lot of skydives in my day, but this one was kind of,” said Sally’s son Steve Maness.
“We even have our shirts, ‘Fly Sally Fly,’ specially made for the family,” said Sally’s grandson Gene Parker.
With the skydive out of the way, Sally is left wondering what she’ll do on her 100th birthday.
“That’s what I told my granddaughter, ask me then,” Sally said.