Police: Man’s Body Found Near Modesto Highway 99 Off Ramp
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police are investigating after a dead body was discovered near a Highway 99 off ramp Saturday morning.
A nearby resident who reported smelling a foul odor went outside and saw that in a field near his house was a badly decomposed body, Modesto Police say. Officers showed up to the open fire near the 300 block of Tuolumne Boulevard and discovered the body.
Police say that the body is too far decomposed to determine its age or race. However, they have identified it as that of a male adult.
The Stanislaus County Coroner’s Office will perform an autopsy on the body to find out how it died. Police are classifying the incident as a “death investigation.”
Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636.