Police: Man’s Body Found Near Modesto Highway 99 Off Ramp
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police are investigating after a dead body was discovered near a Highway 99 off ramp Saturday morning.
A nearby resident who reported smelling a foul odor went outside and saw that in a field near his house was a badly decomposed body, Modesto Police say. Officers showed up to the open fire near the 300 block of Tuolumne Boulevard and discovered the body.
Police say that the body is too far decomposed to determine its age or race. However, they have identified it as that of a male adult.
The Stanislaus County Coroner’s Office will perform an autopsy on the body to find out how it died. Police are classifying the incident as a “death investigation.”
Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636.