Police: Man’s Body Found Near Modesto Highway 99 Off Ramp
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police are investigating after a dead body was discovered near a Highway 99 off ramp Saturday morning.
A nearby resident who reported smelling a foul odor went outside and saw that in a field near his house was a badly decomposed body, Modesto Police say. Officers showed up to the open fire near the 300 block of Tuolumne Boulevard and discovered the body.
Police say that the body is too far decomposed to determine its age or race. However, they have identified it as that of a male adult.
The Stanislaus County Coroner’s Office will perform an autopsy on the body to find out how it died. Police are classifying the incident as a “death investigation.”
Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636.