Police: Man’s Body Found Near Modesto Highway 99 Off Ramp
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police are investigating after a dead body was discovered near a Highway 99 off ramp Saturday morning.
A nearby resident who reported smelling a foul odor went outside and saw that in a field near his house was a badly decomposed body, Modesto Police say. Officers showed up to the open fire near the 300 block of Tuolumne Boulevard and discovered the body.
Police say that the body is too far decomposed to determine its age or race. However, they have identified it as that of a male adult.
The Stanislaus County Coroner’s Office will perform an autopsy on the body to find out how it died. Police are classifying the incident as a “death investigation.”
Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636.