California Chrome Jogs For First Time At Belmont
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
NEW YORK (AP) – California Chrome has jogged for the first time on the Belmont Park track as the colt prepares to try to win the Triple Crown.
The Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner jogged 1½ miles on Wednesday with exercise rider Willie Delgado aboard. The colt slowed to a walk for the final sixteenth of a mile.
Assistant trainer Alan Sherman says California Chrome is surprising him with how quickly he is bouncing back from his last two big races. Sherman says the chestnut colt with four white feet is feeling “really good.”
Sherman says California Chrome will start galloping on Thursday, which will provide a better idea of how he’s handling the deep, sandy surface.
California Chrome is set to run in the 1½-mile Belmont Stakes on June 7 in his bid to sweep the Triple Crown for the first time in 36 years.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.