California Chrome Jogs For First Time At Belmont
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
NEW YORK (AP) – California Chrome has jogged for the first time on the Belmont Park track as the colt prepares to try to win the Triple Crown.
The Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner jogged 1½ miles on Wednesday with exercise rider Willie Delgado aboard. The colt slowed to a walk for the final sixteenth of a mile.
Assistant trainer Alan Sherman says California Chrome is surprising him with how quickly he is bouncing back from his last two big races. Sherman says the chestnut colt with four white feet is feeling “really good.”
Sherman says California Chrome will start galloping on Thursday, which will provide a better idea of how he’s handling the deep, sandy surface.
California Chrome is set to run in the 1½-mile Belmont Stakes on June 7 in his bid to sweep the Triple Crown for the first time in 36 years.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.