CHP Officer Seriously Injured By DUI Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ROSA (AP) — A California Highway Patrol says one of its officers is in surgery with serious injuries after a possible DUI suspect rammed into the officer’s patrol car.
KPIX-TV reports that the incident occurred during a traffic stop along Highway 101 in Santa Rosa shortly after 8 a.m. Sunday morning.
The CHP says the officer was conducting a traffic stop when his patrol car was hit from behind by another vehicle. The officer was using the car’s computer while sitting in the front passenger seat.
Authorities say an unidentified woman driving the vehicle that hit the patrol car may have been impaired by alcohol and drugs.
The CHP says the officer was in surgery at a local hospital after suffering a broken femur and fractured skull.
Two northbound lanes of Hwy. 101 were closed and scheduled to reopen by early Sunday afternoon.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.