CHP Officer Seriously Injured By DUI Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ROSA (AP) — A California Highway Patrol says one of its officers is in surgery with serious injuries after a possible DUI suspect rammed into the officer’s patrol car.
KPIX-TV reports that the incident occurred during a traffic stop along Highway 101 in Santa Rosa shortly after 8 a.m. Sunday morning.
The CHP says the officer was conducting a traffic stop when his patrol car was hit from behind by another vehicle. The officer was using the car’s computer while sitting in the front passenger seat.
Authorities say an unidentified woman driving the vehicle that hit the patrol car may have been impaired by alcohol and drugs.
The CHP says the officer was in surgery at a local hospital after suffering a broken femur and fractured skull.
Two northbound lanes of Hwy. 101 were closed and scheduled to reopen by early Sunday afternoon.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.