CHP Officer Seriously Injured By DUI Suspect
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ROSA (AP) — A California Highway Patrol says one of its officers is in surgery with serious injuries after a possible DUI suspect rammed into the officer’s patrol car.
KPIX-TV reports that the incident occurred during a traffic stop along Highway 101 in Santa Rosa shortly after 8 a.m. Sunday morning.
The CHP says the officer was conducting a traffic stop when his patrol car was hit from behind by another vehicle. The officer was using the car’s computer while sitting in the front passenger seat.
Authorities say an unidentified woman driving the vehicle that hit the patrol car may have been impaired by alcohol and drugs.
The CHP says the officer was in surgery at a local hospital after suffering a broken femur and fractured skull.
Two northbound lanes of Hwy. 101 were closed and scheduled to reopen by early Sunday afternoon.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.