CHP Officer Seriously Injured By DUI Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SANTA ROSA (AP) — A California Highway Patrol says one of its officers is in surgery with serious injuries after a possible DUI suspect rammed into the officer’s patrol car.
KPIX-TV reports that the incident occurred during a traffic stop along Highway 101 in Santa Rosa shortly after 8 a.m. Sunday morning.
The CHP says the officer was conducting a traffic stop when his patrol car was hit from behind by another vehicle. The officer was using the car’s computer while sitting in the front passenger seat.
Authorities say an unidentified woman driving the vehicle that hit the patrol car may have been impaired by alcohol and drugs.
The CHP says the officer was in surgery at a local hospital after suffering a broken femur and fractured skull.
Two northbound lanes of Hwy. 101 were closed and scheduled to reopen by early Sunday afternoon.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.