Primary Suspect In Stockton Cineplex Shooting Identified
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Detectives have identified the primary suspect in the shooting at the downtown Stockton Cineplex.
Michael Moreno, who was already identified as a person of interest by Stockton Police, is believed to be the primary suspect in the April 25 shooting, detectives said Sunday. Moreno, 24, is known to associate with gang members.
The shooting left a young father, Francisco Sanchez, dead and the community of Stockton stunned that such an act of violence occurred at a popular downtown plaza.
Investigators have said that Sanchez, who reportedly had no gang ties, was shot to death after getting into a confrontation and fight under the cineplex dome in downtown Stockton. Surveillance footage showed five men entering the Misaki Japanese Restaurant at the plaza, where investigators believe the argument may have started.
Moreno should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees him or knows where he may be is asked to call Stockton Police at (209) 937-8377.