Primary Suspect In Stockton Cineplex Shooting Identified
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Detectives have identified the primary suspect in the shooting at the downtown Stockton Cineplex.
Michael Moreno, who was already identified as a person of interest by Stockton Police, is believed to be the primary suspect in the April 25 shooting, detectives said Sunday. Moreno, 24, is known to associate with gang members.
The shooting left a young father, Francisco Sanchez, dead and the community of Stockton stunned that such an act of violence occurred at a popular downtown plaza.
Investigators have said that Sanchez, who reportedly had no gang ties, was shot to death after getting into a confrontation and fight under the cineplex dome in downtown Stockton. Surveillance footage showed five men entering the Misaki Japanese Restaurant at the plaza, where investigators believe the argument may have started.
Moreno should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees him or knows where he may be is asked to call Stockton Police at (209) 937-8377.