Man Arrested For Firing Gun Inside Carmichael Home
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – A man is under arrest for allegedly firing his gun inside a Carmichael residence – possibly in the presence of children.
On Monday morning sheriff’s deputies received reports of an argument between a husband and wife at a residence in the 2500 block of Lillian Lane. When deputies arrived at the residence, they met the wife outside and heard a gunshot coming from inside, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Sgt. Lisa Bowman.
Deputies set up a perimeter around the home and called for the suspect to come out. The 42-year-old suspect came out, but was carrying a 2-year-old child. He was taken into custody without incident.
Deputies say this was not a hostage situation.
There were two other children and four other adults inside the home.
Deputies went inside the home and found a single bullet hole in the ceiling. They confiscated multiple guns inside the home.
The man faces charges of negligent discharge of a firearm and child endangerment.
No one was injured during the incident. The man’s identity was not released by authorities.