Sriracha Fight Ends As Irwindale City Council Votes To End Dispute With Huy Fong
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
IRWINDALE (CBS13) — The battle between a Southern California city and the makers of the popular Sriracha sauce has come to an end, as the city council has decided to stop its battle with the company.
A judge had considered closing the plant at one point.
Representatives from Texas hoping to score points against regulation in California tried to lure the hot sauce maker to the Lone Star State. The company said it had no intentions of moving, but has considered building an additional plant in Texas.
- Texas Lawmakers Visit Sriracha Plant Accused Of Emitting Offensive Odors
- 2-Week Truce For Hot Sauce Maker, California City
- SoCal City Declares Sriracha Maker A Nuisance
- Irwindale Calls Sriracha Maker A Public Nuisance, Gives 90-Day Ultimatum
- Sriracha Plant Decision On Hold As Irwindale City Council Awaits Test Results