Stockton Police Officers Hurt In Accident, 1 In Surgery
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Two Stockton police officers have been hurt in a traffic accident along El Dorado Street early Wednesday morning.
The department says that the two officers have been taken to the hospital for treatment. One of the officers is in surgery.
The accident happened just before 2 a.m., police say. A patrol car with officers was on its way to assist in a traffic stop of a driver suspected of shooting at another driver. En route, the assisting officers’ car drove into the center median and into a tree. Both of of the officers had to be cut of the patrol car by firefighters.
Both north and southbound lanes of El Dorado Street between Jamestown Street and March Lane were closed for most of the morning. The roadway was reopened a little before 2 p.m.
The driver from the original incident — 32-year-old Jimmie Lee Turner — has been arrested on charges of assault with a deadly weapon charges. His allege firearm has been recovered.
- $50K Reward Now Offered For Info On 4th Suspect In Deadly Bank Heist
- Arrest Sought In San Joaquin County Tuberculosis Case
- EXCLUSIVE: Woman Shares Harrowing Experience During Stockton Bank Robbery
- Police: Man Arrested For Stealing From Stockton Church Office
- Stockton Asparagus Festival May Have Second Chance For 30th Year