MODESTO (CBS13) – Police have identified the body of a male adult found near a Highway 99 off-ramp in May.
The victim has been identified as 24-year-old Salvador Rodriguez, according to a police statement. Police are now investigating his death as a homicide.
Rodriguez’s family last saw him on May 1 wearing a grey t-shirt, black pants and black high top Circa brand skate shoes.
On May 17, a nearby resident who reported smelling a foul odor went outside and saw that in a field near his house was a badly decomposed body, Modesto police say. Officers showed up to the open fire near the 300 block of Tuolumne Boulevard and discovered the body.
In May, the Stanislaus County Coroner’s Office said it will also perform an autopsy to determine how Rodriguez died.
Detectives are asking anyone who may have seen the victim on or after May 1 to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters may also text information to Crime Stoppers at 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.
More stories out of Modesto
- Detectives: Women Stole Rent Checks, Cashed Them In Another State
- Chandra Levy’s Mother Turns To Art To Cope With Daughter’s Murder 16 Years Later
- Sheriff: Be Wary Of Fake Fundraising Accounts In Name Of Fallen Stanislaus Deputy, Officer
- Public Safety Agencies Console Stanislaus Sheriff’s Department After Losing 2 Employees
- Police: Modesto Child Molestation Suspect Dies After Crashing Vehicle In Arizona