Police Identify Body Of Man Found Near Highway 99 Off-Ramp in Modesto
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police have identified the body of a male adult found near a Highway 99 off-ramp in May.
The victim has been identified as 24-year-old Salvador Rodriguez, according to a police statement. Police are now investigating his death as a homicide.
Rodriguez’s family last saw him on May 1 wearing a grey t-shirt, black pants and black high top Circa brand skate shoes.
On May 17, a nearby resident who reported smelling a foul odor went outside and saw that in a field near his house was a badly decomposed body, Modesto police say. Officers showed up to the open fire near the 300 block of Tuolumne Boulevard and discovered the body.
In May, the Stanislaus County Coroner’s Office said it will also perform an autopsy to determine how Rodriguez died.
Detectives are asking anyone who may have seen the victim on or after May 1 to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters may also text information to Crime Stoppers at 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.
More stories out of Modesto
- First Responders Finish Mowing Modesto Man’s Lawn After He Has Heart Attack
- Woman’s Burned Body Found In Orchard Near Ceres
- Modesto Widows Say They Owe VA Thousands After Moving Into Retirement Community
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Skateboarder To Death In Modesto
- Modesto Thieves Steal Disabled Man’s Tricycle