Rick Perry Holds Up Texas As Example Of Energy Production, Economic Growth
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry held up his own state as a model for responsible energy production and economic growth in California.
In prepared remarks for a speech before the Commonwealth Club on Wednesday evening, Perry said he believes Texas is leading the way in achieving energy independence by producing crude oil and electricity in many forms, including solar power.
Perry also suggested that deregulating electricity had started a boom for renewable energy in Texas, which he called the nation’s leading developer of wind energy.
Perry said shale drilling techniques had doubled oil production in Texas, and he urged Californians to tap the full energy potential in its Monterey Shale.
On Tuesday, Perry drove up to California’s state capital in a Tesla Model S electric car – underscoring his desire to lure a Tesla battery factory to Texas.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.