San Marino Residents Call For Mayor’s Resignation After Tossing Dog Poop On Rival’s Walkway
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
SAN MARINO, Calif. (AP) – The mayor of a wealthy California town who was caught on camera tossing dog poop onto the walkway of a political opponent is being asked to resign by residents who say he smeared their image.
During a City Council meeting on Wednesday, San Marino residents blasted Mayor Dennis Kneier and called for him to step down, even though he has apologized.
Police cited him for littering, which can carry a fine of up to $1,000.
The mayor of the tidy Los Angeles suburb says he found a bag of dog waste on a parkway Saturday and tossed it onto the front walkway of a home.
The homeowner, Philip Lao, is a political opponent. He recognized the mayor on surveillance video and called police.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.