San Marino Residents Call For Mayor’s Resignation After Tossing Dog Poop On Rival’s Walkway
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SAN MARINO, Calif. (AP) – The mayor of a wealthy California town who was caught on camera tossing dog poop onto the walkway of a political opponent is being asked to resign by residents who say he smeared their image.
During a City Council meeting on Wednesday, San Marino residents blasted Mayor Dennis Kneier and called for him to step down, even though he has apologized.
Police cited him for littering, which can carry a fine of up to $1,000.
The mayor of the tidy Los Angeles suburb says he found a bag of dog waste on a parkway Saturday and tossed it onto the front walkway of a home.
The homeowner, Philip Lao, is a political opponent. He recognized the mayor on surveillance video and called police.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.