San Marino Residents Call For Mayor’s Resignation After Tossing Dog Poop On Rival’s Walkway
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN MARINO, Calif. (AP) – The mayor of a wealthy California town who was caught on camera tossing dog poop onto the walkway of a political opponent is being asked to resign by residents who say he smeared their image.
During a City Council meeting on Wednesday, San Marino residents blasted Mayor Dennis Kneier and called for him to step down, even though he has apologized.
Police cited him for littering, which can carry a fine of up to $1,000.
The mayor of the tidy Los Angeles suburb says he found a bag of dog waste on a parkway Saturday and tossed it onto the front walkway of a home.
The homeowner, Philip Lao, is a political opponent. He recognized the mayor on surveillance video and called police.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.