Boy, 15, Pulled From Middle Fork Of American River, Pronounced Dead
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – A 15-year-old died while trying to swim in the Middle Fork of the American River Friday morning, authorities say.
According to a release from the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office, authorities were alerted around 11 a.m. Friday that a teen had disappeared while swimming in the American River near Cherokee Bar and Sliger Mine Road.
Cal Fire, a California Highway Patrol helicopter and sheriff’s personnel were called to the scene to help try and find the boy.
Crews were able to pull the teen – identified as 15-year-old Garden Valley resident Ronald Stewart – from the water near where he was last scene. Lifesaving measures were initiated — however, Stewart was soon pronounced dead at the scene.
The exact cause of Stewart’s death will be determined by the coroner’s office.