Fire Burns At Park In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The fire broke out at around 1:45 p.m. in a grassy area of Sutter’s Landing Regional Park. The address of the park is 20 28th Street.
Several firefighting crews attacked the blaze on the ground while a helicopter dropped water on the fire it had sucked up from the nearby American River.
The fire happened in a remote area and did not threaten any structures. Firefighters have not said what caused the fire.
Although structures are not being threatened, the CBS Radio station on Commerce Drive was evacuated as a precaution because of the large amounts of smoke in the air.