Fire Burns At Park In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The fire broke out at around 1:45 p.m. in a grassy area of Sutter’s Landing Regional Park. The address of the park is 20 28th Street.
Several firefighting crews attacked the blaze on the ground while a helicopter dropped water on the fire it had sucked up from the nearby American River.
The fire happened in a remote area and did not threaten any structures. Firefighters have not said what caused the fire.
Although structures are not being threatened, the CBS Radio station on Commerce Drive was evacuated as a precaution because of the large amounts of smoke in the air.