Fire Burns At Park In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The fire broke out at around 1:45 p.m. in a grassy area of Sutter’s Landing Regional Park. The address of the park is 20 28th Street.
Several firefighting crews attacked the blaze on the ground while a helicopter dropped water on the fire it had sucked up from the nearby American River.
The fire happened in a remote area and did not threaten any structures. Firefighters have not said what caused the fire.
Although structures are not being threatened, the CBS Radio station on Commerce Drive was evacuated as a precaution because of the large amounts of smoke in the air.