Fire Burns At Park In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The fire broke out at around 1:45 p.m. in a grassy area of Sutter’s Landing Regional Park. The address of the park is 20 28th Street.
Several firefighting crews attacked the blaze on the ground while a helicopter dropped water on the fire it had sucked up from the nearby American River.
The fire happened in a remote area and did not threaten any structures. Firefighters have not said what caused the fire.
Although structures are not being threatened, the CBS Radio station on Commerce Drive was evacuated as a precaution because of the large amounts of smoke in the air.