Fire Burns At Park In Midtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The fire broke out at around 1:45 p.m. in a grassy area of Sutter’s Landing Regional Park. The address of the park is 20 28th Street.
Several firefighting crews attacked the blaze on the ground while a helicopter dropped water on the fire it had sucked up from the nearby American River.
The fire happened in a remote area and did not threaten any structures. Firefighters have not said what caused the fire.
Although structures are not being threatened, the CBS Radio station on Commerce Drive was evacuated as a precaution because of the large amounts of smoke in the air.