Mom’s Quick Thinking Helps Bust Suspected Sexual Predator In North Highlands
NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) — A quick-thinking mom helped Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies put a suspected sexual predator behind bars.
Deputies say Curtis Marcellino, 50, met a 15-year-old girl online and lured her to his home.
Many people on the block where he lives didn’t have kind words for Marcellino.
“I hope he gets what he deserves,” said neighbor Rebecca Torres.
Police say he’s behind bars because of a quick-thinking mom who checked her daughter’s computer on Wednesday night after she left the house.
“The mother had determined that her daughter had met this person online,” said Sgt. Lisa Bowman.
Their online conversation brought the mom to a fast-food restaurant where she found her daughter in the suspect’s car.
Since the mom didn’t know who he was or what he was capable of, she took out her smartphone, got a picture of the license plate and contacted police.
Officers were able to track down Marcellino at his home where deputies found the teenager.
Marcellino is being charged with lewd acts with a child. He will face a judge on Friday. He’s being held on $1 million bail.
More North Highlands Stories
- North Highlands Neighborhood Says HOA Abruptly Locked Water Spigots, Citing Costs
- Investigators: Suspected Shooting Victim Was Actually Stabbed While Trying To Rob Home
- Water Gushes After Main Break Near North Highlands
- North Highlands Man Accused Of Lewd Acts With Child Under 14
- Detectives Investigate After Man Shot, Killed In North Highlands
- Man, Woman In Custody After Chase Through North Highlands