NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) — A quick-thinking mom helped Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies put a suspected sexual predator behind bars.
Deputies say Curtis Marcellino, 50, met a 15-year-old girl online and lured her to his home.
Many people on the block where he lives didn’t have kind words for Marcellino.
“I hope he gets what he deserves,” said neighbor Rebecca Torres.
Police say he’s behind bars because of a quick-thinking mom who checked her daughter’s computer on Wednesday night after she left the house.
“The mother had determined that her daughter had met this person online,” said Sgt. Lisa Bowman.
Their online conversation brought the mom to a fast-food restaurant where she found her daughter in the suspect’s car.
Since the mom didn’t know who he was or what he was capable of, she took out her smartphone, got a picture of the license plate and contacted police.
Officers were able to track down Marcellino at his home where deputies found the teenager.
Marcellino is being charged with lewd acts with a child. He will face a judge on Friday. He’s being held on $1 million bail.
More North Highlands Stories
- Glitch In Ballot-Counting Machine Has Some Voters Worried In North Highlands
- 2 Men Wanted For Home Invasion Robbery Of Elderly North Highlands Woman
- Aging, Shrinking Church Congregation Puts North Highlands Food Pantry In Jeopardy
- Deputies Investigating Shooting In North Highlands
- North Highlands Man Sends Colorful Message Over Safety Concerns
- Person Found Shot To Death Inside North Highlands Home