Stockton Hosting San Jose Sharks Preseason NHL Game On Sept. 23
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) — Stockton will be hosting a preseason San Jose Sharks game in September at Stockton Arena.
The National Hockey League team announced it will be playing a split-squad game against the Vancouver Canucks at the home of the Stockton Thunder on Sept. 23.
The Thunder ranked No. 11 in attendance in the ECHL, drawing 172,000 fans to the arena with a 10,000-seat capacity.
A split-squad game is where the teams split and play two different games. The second game will also take place on Sept. 23, but at Rogers Arena in Toronto, Canada.
The Sharks lost in the first round of the NHL playoffs to the 2014 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings.