Stockton Hosting San Jose Sharks Preseason NHL Game On Sept. 23
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
STOCKTON (CBS13) — Stockton will be hosting a preseason San Jose Sharks game in September at Stockton Arena.
The National Hockey League team announced it will be playing a split-squad game against the Vancouver Canucks at the home of the Stockton Thunder on Sept. 23.
The Thunder ranked No. 11 in attendance in the ECHL, drawing 172,000 fans to the arena with a 10,000-seat capacity.
A split-squad game is where the teams split and play two different games. The second game will also take place on Sept. 23, but at Rogers Arena in Toronto, Canada.
The Sharks lost in the first round of the NHL playoffs to the 2014 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings.