Police: Citizens Tried To Free Driver Who Crashed Into Modesto Canal
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police say that a driver has been taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after his car crashed into a canal Friday morning.
According to the Modesto Police Department, police and fire department personnel were called to the W. Briggsmore Avenue and Tully Road scene around 6:40 a.m. The officers found that the car was on its roof in the partially full canal.
Police note that numerous citizens were trying to help get the driver out of the car when officers arrived.
The driver of the crashed car was eventually pulled out and taken to the hospital. Police say that his injuries are life-threatening.
Police are asking residents to avoid the area of westbound Briggsmore at Tully if possible, as the roadway will be closed as officers investigate the scene.