Police: Citizens Tried To Free Driver Who Crashed Into Modesto Canal
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police say that a driver has been taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after his car crashed into a canal Friday morning.
According to the Modesto Police Department, police and fire department personnel were called to the W. Briggsmore Avenue and Tully Road scene around 6:40 a.m. The officers found that the car was on its roof in the partially full canal.
Police note that numerous citizens were trying to help get the driver out of the car when officers arrived.
The driver of the crashed car was eventually pulled out and taken to the hospital. Police say that his injuries are life-threatening.
Police are asking residents to avoid the area of westbound Briggsmore at Tully if possible, as the roadway will be closed as officers investigate the scene.