Police: Citizens Tried To Free Driver Who Crashed Into Modesto Canal
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police say that a driver has been taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after his car crashed into a canal Friday morning.
According to the Modesto Police Department, police and fire department personnel were called to the W. Briggsmore Avenue and Tully Road scene around 6:40 a.m. The officers found that the car was on its roof in the partially full canal.
Police note that numerous citizens were trying to help get the driver out of the car when officers arrived.
The driver of the crashed car was eventually pulled out and taken to the hospital. Police say that his injuries are life-threatening.
Police are asking residents to avoid the area of westbound Briggsmore at Tully if possible, as the roadway will be closed as officers investigate the scene.