Crews Battled Fire Near Mather Airport
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Metro Fire crews are mopping up a fire that burned near Mather Airport Sunday night.
According to Metro Fire, the grass fire spread to an abandoned building near Femoyer Street and Mather Boulevard a little after 8:30 p.m.
Three structures were threatened by the flames, Metro Fire says, but only an old water treatment facility that was not currently in use was burned.
In total, the fire burned about 10 acres. Twenty engines responded to the scene.
Investigators are looking are what caused the fired.