Crews Battled Fire Near Mather Airport
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Metro Fire crews are mopping up a fire that burned near Mather Airport Sunday night.
According to Metro Fire, the grass fire spread to an abandoned building near Femoyer Street and Mather Boulevard a little after 8:30 p.m.
Three structures were threatened by the flames, Metro Fire says, but only an old water treatment facility that was not currently in use was burned.
In total, the fire burned about 10 acres. Twenty engines responded to the scene.
Investigators are looking are what caused the fired.