Crews Battled Fire Near Mather Airport
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Metro Fire crews are mopping up a fire that burned near Mather Airport Sunday night.
According to Metro Fire, the grass fire spread to an abandoned building near Femoyer Street and Mather Boulevard a little after 8:30 p.m.
Three structures were threatened by the flames, Metro Fire says, but only an old water treatment facility that was not currently in use was burned.
In total, the fire burned about 10 acres. Twenty engines responded to the scene.
Investigators are looking are what caused the fired.