Crews Battled Fire Near Mather Airport
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Metro Fire crews are mopping up a fire that burned near Mather Airport Sunday night.
According to Metro Fire, the grass fire spread to an abandoned building near Femoyer Street and Mather Boulevard a little after 8:30 p.m.
Three structures were threatened by the flames, Metro Fire says, but only an old water treatment facility that was not currently in use was burned.
In total, the fire burned about 10 acres. Twenty engines responded to the scene.
Investigators are looking are what caused the fired.