Crews Battled Fire Near Mather Airport
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Metro Fire crews are mopping up a fire that burned near Mather Airport Sunday night.
According to Metro Fire, the grass fire spread to an abandoned building near Femoyer Street and Mather Boulevard a little after 8:30 p.m.
Three structures were threatened by the flames, Metro Fire says, but only an old water treatment facility that was not currently in use was burned.
In total, the fire burned about 10 acres. Twenty engines responded to the scene.
Investigators are looking are what caused the fired.