UPDATE: Police Standoff At Fairfield Home On Springwood Circle
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
CORDELIA (CBS13) – Fairfield police are on the scene of a report of multiple shots fired and has instituted a shelter-in-place order in the areas surrounding Springwood Circle, Summer Grove Drive and Northwood Drive.
Those areas are all closed to traffic.
The incident began at 1:05 p.m., Monday, when the department received several reports of shots fired in the 4900 block of Springwood Circle. As officers arrived in the area, they heard additional shots coming from a residence on Springwood Circle, according to the police department.
Fairfield Police Sgt. Robert Lenke told CBS13 that because it’s still an active investigation, they do not know when the shelter in place order will be lifted. He also said it’s unknown at this time if there is anyone injured from the shots.
Check back often for updates on this story.