I-80 Pot Bust At Truckee; 1 Arrest, $100K In Drugs
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RENO, Nev. (AP) – Police in California say they arrested a New York man and seized 38 pounds of marijuana worth an estimated street value of more than $100,000 during a drug bust north of Lake Tahoe on Interstate 80 near Truckee.
Truckee police say 52-year-old Eric Draffen was booked into the Nevada County Jail on three counts of narcotics trafficking, and possession for sales.
A California state trooper made the initial traffic stop Thursday night near the central Truckee off ramp after observing unspecified vehicle code violations on a grey Dodge Charger.
The trooper became suspicious while talking to the driver and called for a Truckee K-9 unit to help investigate.
Police say a search turned up several cardboard boxes and plastic containers with 31 heat-sealed plastic packages of pot ready for sale.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.