Napa County Wildfire Grows Overnight, Homes Remain Threatened

NAPA COUNTY (CBS13) – The destructive fire along Butts Canyon Road in Napa County has grown to 3,200 acres, Cal Fire announced Wednesday morning.

Containment of the fire remained unchanged at 30%, the same as it was Tuesday night.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency also granted California a Fire Management Assistance Declaration Wednesday morning. The declaration means that the federal government will reimburse the state 75% of the cost in fighting the fire, while California will pay the remaining 25%.

Cal Fire public information officer Daniel Berlant noted that crews have been working overnight to build containment lines on the fire. Five structures have been burned – including one home.

The fire has been fueled by extremely dry grass, plus trees and winds. It was first reported just after noon Tuesday and quickly expanded to 2,700 acres by later in the day.

Evacuations still remain in effect for residents living along Butts Canyon Road and the Berryessa Estates area. About 380 structures are threatened.

The fire is burning in a northeast direction towards Snell Peak in Lake County, Cal Fire notes.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Sacramento

Get Our App
Get The CBS Sacramento Weather AppGet the latest radar, CBS13 AppCasts and hour-by-hour forecasts. You can also send your weather pics.

Listen Live