Woman, 29, Arrested For Fire At Placer County Mobile Home Park
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A 29-year-old woman has been arrested in connection to Friday’s destructive fire at a rural Roseville community.
Cal Fire spokesperson Daniel Berlant announced Saturday that investigators determined that the fire near PFE and Walerga Roads was caused by arson. Berlant also noted that a suspect, Melanie Orantes, is in custody.
The fire started at 5:18 p.m. Friday and quickly spread to the Sabre City mobile home park, burning six homes.
Dry conditions in the area complicated firefighting efforts, crews noted at the scene.
Berlant said Orantes was arrested in the area of the fire.
Investigators have not commented on how Orantes allegedly set the fire. Residents did say that a woman was seen walking in the field and reportedly flicked a cigarette. She is being held at Placer County Jail on a charge of arson, with her bail set at $150,000.