Woman, 29, Arrested For Fire At Placer County Mobile Home Park
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A 29-year-old woman has been arrested in connection to Friday’s destructive fire at a rural Roseville community.
Cal Fire spokesperson Daniel Berlant announced Saturday that investigators determined that the fire near PFE and Walerga Roads was caused by arson. Berlant also noted that a suspect, Melanie Orantes, is in custody.
The fire started at 5:18 p.m. Friday and quickly spread to the Sabre City mobile home park, burning six homes.
Dry conditions in the area complicated firefighting efforts, crews noted at the scene.
Berlant said Orantes was arrested in the area of the fire.
Investigators have not commented on how Orantes allegedly set the fire. Residents did say that a woman was seen walking in the field and reportedly flicked a cigarette. She is being held at Placer County Jail on a charge of arson, with her bail set at $150,000.