Woman, 29, Arrested For Fire At Placer County Mobile Home Park
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A 29-year-old woman has been arrested in connection to Friday’s destructive fire at a rural Roseville community.
Cal Fire spokesperson Daniel Berlant announced Saturday that investigators determined that the fire near PFE and Walerga Roads was caused by arson. Berlant also noted that a suspect, Melanie Orantes, is in custody.
The fire started at 5:18 p.m. Friday and quickly spread to the Sabre City mobile home park, burning six homes.
Dry conditions in the area complicated firefighting efforts, crews noted at the scene.
Berlant said Orantes was arrested in the area of the fire.
Investigators have not commented on how Orantes allegedly set the fire. Residents did say that a woman was seen walking in the field and reportedly flicked a cigarette. She is being held at Placer County Jail on a charge of arson, with her bail set at $150,000.